Aubameyang Now EPL Highest Paid Player
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has put pen to paper on a new three year deal for Arsenal on Tuesday, ending speculations over his future.
His new contract has made him the highest paid player in the English Premier League.
The 31-year-old was previously on £200,000-per-week but his new contract will see that rise to over £350,000-per-week.
SunSport have revealed the Gabonese international has overtaken teammate Mesut Ozil on the rich list.
On the same level with Ozil is Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea who signed a bumper contract extension last September.
Nigerian Sketch presents to you the top ten list of the highest paid players in the EPL:
- Willian (Arsenal) £220,000-per-week
- Sergio Aguero (Manchester City) £230,000-per-week
- Anthony Martial (Manchester United) £250,000-per-week
- Paul Pogba (Manchester United) £290,000-per-week
- Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) £300,000-per-week
- Kai Havertz (Chelsea) £310,000-per-week
- Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) £320,000-per-week
=2. David de Gea (Manchester United) £350,000-per-week
=2. Mesut Ozil (Arsenal) £350,000-per-week
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal) £350,000-per-week plus
Aubameyang helped lead Arsenal to FA Cup glory last season after a tough domestic campaign which saw them finish eighth.
After announcing his decision to stay, he explained: “I want to become an Arsenal legend, just like Thierry [Henry], [Ian Wright] Wrighty, [Tony] Adams and [Dennis] Bergkamp.
“I want to leave a legacy, this is where I belong. This is my family.
“Signing for this special club was never in doubt.
“I believe in Arsenal. We can achieve big things together. We have something exciting here and I believe the best is to come for Arsenal.”