El-rufai Orders Fresh Selection Process for Emir of Zazzau
Kaduna State governor, Nasir El-rufai, has discountenanced the earlier recommendations of kingmakers for a new Emir of Zaazau, citing irregularities in the initial process.
The governor posted in his verified Twitter handle Wednesday evening that “The kingmakers are now meeting to assess all the 13 candidates that indicated interest from all the ruling houses, including the two that were previously excluded. The report of these assessments will be swiftly submitted to the governor for his consideration.”
His special adviser on media & communication, Muyiwa Adekeye, also said in a press statement made available to Nigerian Sketch on Wednesday that “Kingmakers of Zazzau Emirate are currently engaged in a fresh process to recommend candidates for the office of the 19th Fulani Emir of Zazzau.”
Adeleke quoted the secretary to the government of Kaduna State, Balarabe Abbas Lawal as saying the “Kaduna State Government directed a new round of the selection process following the cancellation of the initial process, which excluded two interested applicants.
“The Bunu Zazzau complained that he was unable to submit his application because he was told that the window for receipt of applications had closed. The Sarkin Dajin Zazzau also protested his exclusion from the process. It was also noted that the kingmakers assessed two candidates on 24th September 2020 without sighting their CVs which the selectors received a day later.”
He also explained in the release that the “SSG said that the state government considers as highly irregular the leakage of the report of the selection meeting of 24th September 2020 before its receipt by the state governor.
“The kingmakers are now meeting to assess all the 13 candidates that indicated interest from all the ruling houses, including the two that were previously excluded.
“The report of these assessments will be swiftly submitted to the governor for his consideration.”