KNSG Suspends Debate Between Abduljabbar, Other Islamic Scholars
The much anticipated debate between the embattled Kano-based Islamic scholar, Abduljabbar Nasir Kabara, and other Sunni scholars has been suspended.
An order of the Chief Magistrate’s Court No 12 presided by His Worship, Muhammad Jibril on Friday stopped the debate, saying its earlier order of 8th February, 2021 should be maintained by all parties.
The court’s earlier order was to suspend Abduljabbar from further preaching in the state while all print and broadcast media are to desist from circulating his preachings.
Kano State government has said it would obey the Order of the court and suspend the scheduled debate.
Abduljabbar had been invited by Kano State government via a letter dated 24th February, 2021 and signed by the chief of staff to Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, Ali H. Abubakar, to be part of a ‘dialogue’ over some of Abduljabbar’s “contentious statements made in some of your preaching, lectures and writings regarding the personality of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him)…”
The debate was scheduled to take place on Sunday, the 7th of March, 2021 at the Kano Emir’s Palace by 8:00am.
The suspended preacher replied to the invitation via a letter dated 28th February, 2021 saying he accepted the invitation and would attend “with open mind”.
Friday’s order which was granted pursuant to a Motion on Notice dated 19th February, 2021 and signed by Ma’ruf Muhammad Yakasai, Esq. who was seeking to be joined in the ongoing case No KA/06CT12/2021 between the State V. Sheik Abduljabbar Nasiru Kabara and Commissioner of Police.
Abduljabbar’s counsel, Rabiu Shuaibu, told Nigerian Sketch that his client remains ready for the debate, as he was yet to receive any Order from the court.
Share your thoughts on the story KNSG Suspends Debate Between Abduljabbar, Other Islamic Scholars with Nigerian Sketch in the comments section below.