Police Gives Stern Warning as Sunday Igboho Insists on Lagos Rally
Sunday Igboho who, on Thursday said he had suspended the Yoruba Nation rally his group planned to undertake on Saturday, has fallen back on his words, saying he has decided to go on with the rally as initially planned.
Igboho, whose house security operatives raided on Thursday, has vowed to go on with the rally despite the warnings by security operatives.
The succession agitator has been declared wanted by the Department of State Service (DSS), but he spoke through his media aide, Olayomi Koiki, who, in a Facebook live broadcast on Thursday, said “I can still confirm officially that the Lagos rally in as much as whatever news or rumours you’ve been listening to from different outlets, will go as planned.
“The 3rd of July Mega rally will go as planned. All arrangements for the rally has been planned and nothing has changed.
“I have spoken to the organisers, nothing has changed so far. 3rd of July from exactly 9:00am in the morning. The whole arrangement and planning is going on.
“Come out in numbers to support the freedom of Yoruba Self Determination. 1999 constitution is a fraud! 1914 Amalgamation has expired. Yoruba Nation No going back,” he posted on his Facebook page.
Against the background of Igboho’s insistence on the rally, Lagos State Police Command on Friday signaled another warning to the organisers of the rally to desist.
The command’s spokesman, Muyiwa Adejobi, said “The command still reiterated its stance that anyone caught participating or facilitating the so-called mega rally in Lagos State will be dealt with within the ambits of the law.”
Share your thoughts on the story Police Gives Stern Warning as Sunday Igboho Insists on Lagos Rally with Nigerian Sketch in the comments section below.