24 C
Nigeria
Sunday, April 14, 2024

Ritual killer reveals how dating apps are used to lure women to death

Ritual killer reveals how dating apps are used to lure women to death

A suspected ritual killer on Thursday in Abeokuta narrated how he and other accomplices lured seven women to their deaths through a dating application.

The 32-year-old, arrested by the police command in Ogun, confessed to being a member of a ritualist gang specialised in killing women and selling their body parts for money ritual.

The suspect, who had been on the run and was later arrested by the police, said he joined the gang in September 2023 and had participated in the killing of the seven women.

READ ALSO: Five Nigerians get 12 years jail terms for exhuming skull for money ritual

The suspect disclosed that he chats up ladies on the app whenever his clients need body parts for rituals.

“I got the ladies from MyChat, which is a hookup app,” he stated. ” I just talk to them that I want to hook up with them whenever a client contacted me that they needed human body parts.

“They will call me that they need body parts, and I will go to the application and chat up the ladies for hookup.”

READ ALSO: Man arrested for extracting teeth of dead bodies confesses he’s a ritualist

The suspect said that upon request by his clients, he negotiates with the ladies on the amount they want. He said he subsequently sent his address and asked the victims to meet him in the Atan-Ota area of the state.

“I will then take them to his house in Igbo Olomi, Atan-Ota, where we will then kill them inside his sitting room.

“I don’t know what they use the corpses of the ladies for; my job is just to source for the ladies and bring them in,” he stated.

The suspect also disclosed that he sometimes receives N30,000 or N40,000 for sourcing for ladies.

READ ALSO: Pastor, bricklayer to hang for using 7-year-old for ritual 

The state commissioner of police, Abiodun Alamutu, said the suspects conspired with herbalists to kill the victims for money ritual.

He said the suspects strangled their victims to death and dismembered their bodies for sale to the herbalist and another accomplice who was on the run.

The commissioner said the command was working assiduously to unravel the identity of the victims. He urged members of the public with missing relatives to report to the police with photographs of such persons.

“The command is using this avenue to advise our youths for the umpteenth time to desist from untoward behaviours.

READ ALSO: Man accuses policemen of ‘kidnap’, N1 million ransom collection

“It is through a social media platform that all the victims were lured to their untimely deaths.

“The suspects have assured the police that they will recognise the victims they have killed if their photographs are made available,” he said.

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

20,694FansLike
3,912FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -spot_img

Latest Articles