Tyson Fury confirms he will ‘100 Per Cent’ fight again
WBC world heavyweight champion, Tyson Fury, has finally trounced his retirement decision and announced he will be returning to the ring.
After knocking out Dillian Whyte in the sixth round to successfully defend his title at Wembley Stadium in April, The Gypsy King had said he was done with boxing.
Speaking in an emotional post-fight interview, Fury said: “I think this is it, this might be the final curtain for ‘The Gypsy King’. What a way to go out.”
Undefeated Fury had just secured the 32nd win of his glittering career and reiterated his stance in various interviews.
But not too many boxing fans were buying it and after one co-promoter in Bob Arum, hinted that Fury would “unretire”, a special interview with Frank Warren’s Queensbury Promotions provided total confirmation on Tuesday night.
Warren was adamant that if Fury did return, he would fight in the United Kingdom for a second consecutive bout and not over in Saudi Arabia.
Rival Anthony Joshua is rematching Oleksandr Usyk for the world heavyweight titles in the Middle East in August and fans are desperate to see the winner take on Fury in a mouthwatering unification fight.
“We have some very exciting news coming,” Fury revealed in an interview with promoter Warren, premiered live on Queensbury Promotions on Tuesday evening.
“I think the world has been waiting for a plan of action. Last week we had a nice Italian down in London and a long conversation about lots of stuff.
“I will be back in the ring 100 per cent, just like in the movie when Jerry Maguire shouted, ‘Show Me The Money!’.
“If anyone can show me the money then it’s Frank Warren, I call him the Magic Man and we are going to make some big, big things happen.”
Share your thoughts on the story Tyson Fury confirms he will ‘100 Per Cent’ fight again with Nigerian Sketch in the comments section.