Zabramani Residents Allege Nigerian Army Had Intel on Terrorist Attack But Withdrew Troops
There are insinuations that the Nigerian Army had intelligence alert that terrorists were planning to attack Zabarmari on Saturday, but refused to take preemptive measure to avert the killing of innocent Nigerians working in their rice farms.
Most of the residents said they were certain the Nigerian Army withdrew their troops, giving the terrorist the opportunity to carry out their dastardly acts.
“Soldiers went round the area to patrol in their vehicles. It was after they had left that the terrorists attacked the innocent farmers”, a resident was quoted to have said.
Many others have echoed similar sentiments, and Nigerians are beginning to wonder if the army was involved in some sort of conspiracy, and to make things worse, the presidency in Nigeria on Saturday gave an impression that President Muhammadu Buhari felt that the army are not meeting up to their obligations after getting all the necessary logistics they required from the federal government.
On Sunday, the slaughtered farmers were given a mass burial at Zabarmari, 20 kilometres from Maiduguri, with the Borno State governor, Babagana Zulum, in attendance.
In his address after the burial, Zulum said the security situation in the communities must improve, adding that “We shall recruit more of our youths into the volunteer services and mobilise them to take the fight to the terrorists especially around Zabarmari axis so that the entire population of this locality can be secured.
Zulum, on Sunday, said more than 43 people must have been killed, a statement that the United Nations and Amnesty International had already confirmed.
Share your thoughts on the story Zabramani Residents Allege Nigerian Army Had Intel on Terrorist Attack But Withdrew Troops with Nigerian Sketch in the comments section below.